Calm is a well-renowned mindfulness mobile application that is helping millions of people to meditate, sleep, and relax. Through hundreds of sleep stories, breathing programs, relaxing music, and body stretching exercises (recommended by world-renowned therapists, mental health professionals, and psychologists), this meditation app is making people get rid of stress. Check out the facts and statistics of the Calm app that would let you know about the popularity of meditation applications:
- According to App Annie, Calm is the highest-grossing health and fitness application on iOS. It is also the 20th overall application in the store.
- As per SensorTower, Calm has generated a revenue of $6 million as of September 2022.
- Calm with its competitor, Headspace, is ruling the meditation app market.
- According to reports, the meditation app market in the United States of America alone is expected to be about $2.08 billion by the end of the next year.
- As of September 2022, Calm has approximately 2 million downloads worldwide.
If you too want to build a meditation app like Calm and wondering how much would it cost, then this article is for you. But, before mentioning the cost of developing such an application, let’s check out the features that should be there in this app:
A meditation application has two panels: user and admin. So, the required features of both panels are:
- Sign up and Sign in – To allow users to register and create and access their profiles.
- Breathing Exercise– To assist users breath properly and getting rid of stress.
- Sleep Stories– To lull users into a deep and peaceful slumber.
- Audio/Video Guide– To tune to soothing nature sounds and scenes during meditation or sleep.
- Add favorite- To allow users to mark a particular sound, video, or story they like as a favorite.
- Choose Level of the program- To let users select from beginner, intermediate, and pro levels to get guidance accordingly.
- Meditation guide sessions- To allow users to receive guidance from the experts.
- Meditation reminders- To remind people about the time of the meditation.
- Submit feedback- So that users can provide ratings and reviews about a particular session or expert.
- Track progress- To allow the app users to track how they are doing.
- Customized sessions- To permit users to get customized meditation according to their age group.
- Sign in To log in to the app.
- Program management- To manage the ongoing and upcoming breathing, exercise, meditation, and other programs
- Users and stories management- To manage the registered users and their accounts. With stories management, the admin would be able to manage the stories on the app.
- Nature sound and scene management- To manage the sounds and scenes provided in the app for meditation and other programs.
- Audio and video management- Organize the existing and upload new audio and video content on the app.
- Analytics- To check users’ progress and how they are responding to the allotted programs.
- Managing ratings and reviews- To view the ratings and reviews submitted by users.
- Managing subscriptions- Organizing and managing subscriptions taken by the users.
Apart from this, there are many other features that you can add to a meditation mobile application. This includes:
Advanced Features of the Meditation App
Every meditation app is unique and utilizes individual concepts but there are features that every app must have to provide the best user experience. They include the following features:
- Meditation Guides
Your meditation app must enable your users to meditate on their own using your app. To serve this purpose, you can include complete meditation guides that walk your users through different meditation practices and breathing exercises. This would be of great help to your users, especially beginners.
- Meditation Exercises
You can equip your meditation application with a wide range of meditation exercises that help your users relax, fight insomnia, manage stress, and tackle depression issues. For instance, Calm provides its users with a breathing exercise feature, which makes them feel peaceful. Similarly, you can also include features that enable your users to learn different meditation techniques.
- Stress-buster Sessions
Today, people seek the path of meditation due to different problems – stress, insomnia, depression, happiness, relaxation, peace, and many more. So, you should be mindful of offering different sessions for different issues in your meditation app. You can have sessions of varying lengths. This not only allows people to fight their issues but also increases trust in your app.
- Progress Tracker
To help your users keep improving, tracking their everyday progress is crucial. With a tracking feature included in your app, you enable your users to analyze the time they spend on meditation, listening to sessions and more. Consequently, they can compare the data and determine how effective the app is for them and how much are they improving.
If you are developing a Calm-like meditation app, stress the importance of adding localization. With app localization, you can enable content access in different languages across different regions. For example, you can choose English, Spanish, French, and more. With this feature included, you get access to a global user base, enabling them to use your mediation app in their local languages.
(Please note that if you already have the list of features and other essentials, then connect to a meditation app development company to get an estimated development cost.)
How to make money from a meditation app?
You can choose any from the below-mentioned monetization strategies:
- Subscription model
- In-app advertisements
- In-app purchases
What is the Cost of Developing a Meditation App?
The total cost of developing such an application depends on various factors including the following:
- The complexity of the application
- Features of the app
- The platform on which the app will release
- Size of the development team
- Location of the development team or the custom app development company you hire for your project
- Design as well as the backend of the app
- Tools and technologies to be used during the app development
Developing a meditation app such as Calm might take three to five months (of course depending on the size and expertise of the development team). To have a rough estimate of the price, we can say that a basic meditation app like Calm would need around $45k – $150k for development. Adding more features and complexity to the app might increase the price. To know more, contact a healthcare app development services provider.
How to Build a Meditation App – Teams and Technologies
Building a meditation application requires a full-fledged team including:
- UX/UI designers
- Android or iOS developers
- QA analysts
- Project managers
- Application testing engineer
Tech stack required for building a meditation app
You need the following technology stack to develop a meditation application like Calm:
- For Android- Java
- For iOS- Swift
- Backend – PHP/Laravel
This may vary depending on your specific app requirements.
Why Choose Quytech for Building a Meditation App Like Calm or Headspace?
Quytech is a renowned mobile app development company with more than a decade of experience in developing different types of apps for various business segments. By choosing us as your meditation app development partner, you will get the following:
- Timely delivery of your project
- Only experienced and certified developers working on your project
- Regular reports on your project’s ongoing success
- Freedom to hire a developer on an hourly or monthly basis
- Assurance of getting a fully-functional, feature-rich, and scalable app
- Round-the-clock support
- Great project management
- App maintenance and support
Mindful Happiness is a Meditation Application that will let the end user to listen the audio associated with every desired mood like Happiness, Relax, Focus, Walk, Anger, Sleep, Anxiety, Stress, etc.
Feature of Meditation Application
- Train and calm your mind in just a few minutes a day with guided meditations
- Learn classic meditation and relaxation techniques to help you relax, manage your stress and anxiety, or for different topics like creativity and sleep
- Sleep sounds to create truly restful nights
- Track your progress and share it with others
The cost of developing a meditation app like Calm or Headspace depends on various parameters. You need to list them all and then contact a reliable meditation app development company to know an estimated cost. Make sure the company you choose has a good market reputation, prior experience in developing such applications, offers 24*7 support services, and is backed by expert and certified developers.