Long gone are the days when mobile phones were only used for communication. Technological advancements have made these phones smarter, and today, smartphones are being used for ordering food, shopping products, booking travel, socializing, and various other purposes.
Among both the Android and iOS Applications, the demand for the former is pretty high. We are not kidding; check out the statistics provided in the subsequent paragraphs. In case, if you are planning to develop a custom android application and wondering how much would it cost you, then this article is exclusive for you.
Here, we have listed down almost everything you should know about Android app development. Check out the same below:
What is Android app development?
Android app development is the process of creating an Android application compatible with Android devices, including a smartphone. The Android app development process comprises of shortlisting from Android app ideas, designing, development, testing, release, maintenance, and support.
Android App Development Statistics
Check out the following statistics, taken from Statista, to know the popularity and other amazing facts about the Android applications:
- As of the second quarter of 2020, Google Play Store has around 3.04 million Android applications making it the biggest App store in the world.
- Approximately 96.5 percent of apps available on the Play Store can be downloaded for free.
- WhatsApp Messenger ranks on number one in the list of Leading Android apps worldwide 2020, by downloads Published by J. Clement, Jul 9, 2020
- The graph presents the leading Android app titles in the Google Play Store worldwide in June 2020, ranked by the number of downloads. During the measured period, WhatsApp Messenger was downloaded approximately 55.09 million times to Android devices worldwide.
- Leading Android apps in the Play Store globally in June 2020, by the number of downloads. The app was downloaded 55.09 million times to Android devices globally.
- As of the second quarter of 2020, mobile gaming applications are the most popular category in the Google Play Store with 13.49 percent. Education applications are on the number two on the list.
Android App Development Trends 2020-21
Just like any other industry, the trends of the mobile app development sector are also changing with each passing year. Therefore, it is good to look out for the upcoming trends to grab the attention of your targeted audience and to make your app technically sound and updated:
- 5G Tgechnology
- Implementation of augmented reality and virtual reality
- AI-powered chatbots
- Mobile wallets
- Integration of blockchain technology for improved security
- Enhanced IoT development
- Cloud-based Android applications
- Use of machine learning, computer vision, NLP, and other top technologies
What Programming Language is the most popular for Native Android app Development?
For developing a native Android app, programmers rely on Java and Kotlin programming languages. In fact, Kotlin is considered as an official programming language for building Android applications. Android Studio is the integrated development environment used for building robust and scalable native applications.
Android App Development Cost – How Much Does It Cost To Build An App?
Whereas the typical cost range indicated by custom android application development companies is $ 10,000 – $ 200,000. For calculating the Android app development cost of building a custom Android application, then these are the factors you have to consider:
- Tools and technologies
Java and Kotlin are the two most popular programming languages for Android app development. Besides choosing the programming language, a developer also has to choose the right framework, databases, and various Android app development tools, which directly impacts the overall Android app development cost of the app development.
- Type of the Android app
It is the second most important factor that determines the cost of developing an Android application. Developing an Android app for an eCommerce website and a restaurant would not cost the same.
- Experience and Geo-location of the Android app development company
The more the experience of the company or the development team it has, the higher it might charge for building an Android application. This is due to the fact that developers with 10-15 years of experience would seek a higher salary than those with 2-3 years of experience.
Besides experience, the geographic location of a company or the development team is another factor that impacts the cost of the custom android app development. For example, Android app development India would tend to charge way too less than that of the United States.
- Size of The Android App Development Team
An Android app development project that requires a big team would cost you more than a project that needs only one developer. Therefore, the size of your team matters a lot when it comes to finding the estimated cost of your project.
- UI/UX design of the app
To understand why UI/UX design is there in the list of the factors that affect Android app development, let’s take an example. An Android app that offers information on a particular topic, such as healthcare, would need a simple interface that the one that offers design services. In simple words, designing an interactive interface costs higher than designing a simple one.
- Time duration of the app development
It is simple that if your project development requires a big team and need years to build, then you would have to pay more than if the development needs a few months.
- Features and functionalities of the app
If you want to build an app with lots of features and superior functionalities, then it would increase the overall cost of development. The custom android app development cost will also increase if you integrate third-party applications, such as GPS, to add additional functionalities to your app. Therefore, it is one of the major factors to consider when it comes to calculating the cost.
- Complexity of the app
An app that targets a few customers, such a local restaurant app, has a basic level of complexity than the one that is targeting the mass audience, mainly globally. Developing the latter would cost more than the former.
To store and protect data and information a user provides during sign up or when buying your product and services require high-level security. You might have to pay huge bucks to avoid data breaches, data theft, and other cybercrimes.
- Post-release Maintenance and Support
Most people think that an app development process consists of majorly four processes- designing, developing, testing, and launch. However, it needs post-launch support and maintenance to ensure that your users can use it flawlessly even after years. In simple words, maintenance and support are required to integrate new features from time to time and ensure the flawlessness of the app.
- Marketing and Promotion
Investing in marketing and promotion is necessary to let your targeted audience know about your brand. You might need to pay a huge amount for the same, which will directly impact the Android app development cost.
Estimated cost of developing an Android app-
- USD 5,000 to USD 50,000- For small Android apps with basic features
- USD 50,000 to USD 100,000- For mid-level Android applications
- USD 100,000 to above- For Android apps with high complexity and dozens of features
How to choose Android app development services?
Since there are innumerable Android app development services providers, one must have to consider the following points in mind while choosing one for their app development project:
- The company should have a strong portfolio in developing Android applications.
- The developers working at the company should be experienced and skilled in the latest development technologies.
- The company provides an on-time project delivery guarantee.
- The offer advanced app development services at a cost-effective price.
- The Android app design agency should have software for establishing a transparent communication with its clients to update on the project’s progress.
- Make sure the company understands your specific app requirements clearly.
With Quytech, you will get assurance on all the above points. You can trust the company to provide you a feature-rich, flawless, and functionally-sound Android application within the committed period.
How to start Android app development?
To develop an Android application, the first thing you have to do is to prepare a set of your custom app requirements. On the other hand, if you are a naïve in this field and don’t have any idea of the suitable tech stack and other technicalities for your app, then simply write down your business goals. Now, you can start the Android app development process in any of these three ways:
- Develop on your own- In this case, you have to have expertise in designing, development, testing, support, and maintenance, which doesn’t seem realistic. However, if you have a full-fledged development team, including designers, testing engineers, support providers, then you can try your hands on the same.
- Hire Android app developers- You can develop an Android application by hiring freelance developers. However, it is strongly advised to hire them from a reliable source or renowned mobile app development company like Quytech.
- Find a reliable Android app development company- You can contact a trusted and experienced Android app development company like Quytech to begin your Android app development process. All you have to do is to provide them your particular app requirements or share a few Android app ideas or tell them what type of Android app you want to build. The professionals would guide on the rest.
Develop an Android application for your startup or enterprise right away!
Do you want to develop an Android application for your startup or enterprise? This article is a must-read for you. Here, we have covered everything that you would need to know before beginning with the Android app development process or before finding an Android app development company.
You can read in detail about the following- factors that affect Android app development, cost of the Android app development, popular programming languages that are used to develop an Android app, and Android app development statistics. Apart from this, we have also mentioned the technological trends in the field.
After reading the article, you can contact Quytech for developing small, mid-size, or highly complex Android applications for your startup. Additionally, you can also count on Quytech to hire android developers the most experienced and skilled developers for building your Android development project.