According to Statista, the online dating industry will make a revenue of US $1754 million by the end of 2020. It is predicted that this revenue will show a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.3% in the next four years, contributing to a market volume of US $2505 million by the end of 2024.
Another research by a reputed firm revealed that 24% of the couples find a perfect match through online dating apps or websites.
Well, these figures are enough to show the popularity of online dating websites and applications. And if you are looking out for an idea for your startup, then you should go with developing an online dating website or mobile app. Through a dating application, you can not only provide people a medium to find a partner, but also make a fortune. Now, the first thing you must be thinking about at this moment is the cost of a dating app development.
Factors That Affect Dating App Development Cost
- Type and Size of the App
- Features and Functionalities
- Platforms and Devices
- Location and Structure of the Development Team
Let’s read which factors affect dating app development cost in detail:
Types of Dating App Development-
- Matching algorithm-based apps- These apps match their users based on pre-defined algorithms that analyze the personal information survey.
- Niche-based apps– Such types of dating apps target only a specific category of people. You cannot even register or sign up on the app, if you don’t fulfill the required criterion, such as a specific qualification or particular age.
- Location-based apps– These kinds of apps show the matches on the basis of geographic proximity. In other words, it shows you a potential match who is nearby to you.
- Standard dating apps- These can be considered as traditional or old-school dating apps, where a user has to pre-define the match criterion during the registration process.
- Dating apps with gamification- Gamification is the modern trend, or you can say, marketing strategy in the field of mobile app development. A dating app with gamification would help you to increase user engagement and improve user retention rate. Even if someone doesn’t find a potential match on the first day, they can engage themselves in the quizzes, polls, and other gamification activities. Who knows they might find a partner through that way?
Choosing the type of dating application is also one of the major factors that affect the development cost. Check out below the other factors for the same:
Features and Complexity of the Dating App
A dating application should have these features to deliver an unmatchable experience to its users:
- Sign up and Sign in- To allow users to register & create their profile and access it at any time. You can add the option of signing up through their existing emails or social media profiles.
- Security- To ensure the security of the app, you can add a user authentication option.
- Profile creation- To allow users to enter their personal information, add partner preferences, add photos, and more.
- Geo-location- To allow the app to fetch the location of the users and show them matches accordingly.
- In-app chat- To allow users to communicate with their matches.
- Search- To find potential matches by adding various filters.
- Push notification- To send users alerts and updates.
- In-app ads- For monetization purposes.
- Subscriptions- To offer free and premium subscriptions to users.
- AI-enabled dating app– AI technology can help in interacting and communicating with your matches.
- AR/VR – With a dating app fueled by AR and VR, users can organize virtual dates
However, if you want to stand out and offer users something extra, then you have to add advanced features to your dating app. To know what could be those features, you can contact a reliable and experienced mobile app development company.
Another factor that plays a big role in determining the cost of a dating app is the complexity of the app. The more complex your app is, the more be the total development cost.
Platform and device
After the development finishes, your app needs a platform to run. At present, Android and iOS are the two major platforms people choose to access different mobile applications. Choosing from these two or other platforms is a big decision that you have to take in advance to have a rough idea of the total development cost. If you are targeting the mass audience, then you can also choose to develop a cross-platform application, which would obviously cost a bit higher.
Size and location of the development team
If your dating app development needs a big team, then you might have to pay a bit extra than if it needs only one professional. Moreover, the cost also depends on the location of the team. It means if you are choosing a developer from some other country, then you might need to pay accordingly.
Apart from the aforementioned ones, there are other factors, such as the experience of the developer and tools and technologies used to build the app, which you can consider. The Approx cost of dating app is $25k to $35k.
How to Create an Dating App Like Tinder: Development Team
Tinder is one of the most popular dating applications that are being used by millions of users worldwide. The main features of this application include: login through social media profiles, geo-location, matching algorithm, swipe surge, search matches, profile settings, push notification, private chat, and more. To create such an application, you need a professional team comprising of:
- 1 UX Designer
- 1-2 Developers
- 1 Backend developer
- 1 Tester
- 1 Project Manager
How to Build a Dating App: Tech Stack
How to Make Money Through a Dating App?
While developing a dating application, it is imperative to make the monetization strategy in the beginning. You can earn big through a dating application by choosing any or all of these below-mentioned ways:
- In-app advertisements
- In-app purchases
- Premium membership or subscription to access special features, such as viewing the contact details or full profile of the potential matches
- On the basis of the number of app downloads
Why Choose Quytech for Dating Mobile App Development?
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose Quytech as your dating app development partner.
- Hire developers on monthly or hourly basis
- No hidden cost
- Expert team of developers
- Proven track record of developing hundreds of applications
- Pocket-friendly plans
- To get a feature-rich, scalable, and robust dating application
We have mentioned five main factors that determine the cost of building a dating app. These will help you to prepare your app requirements before contacting a company that offers mobile app development services.
If you are new to this field and don’t have any idea of the development process, then reach out to one of the most trusted mobile app development company, Quytech. The company offers budget-friendly dating app development services to startups and enterprises. You can simply share your dating app idea or tell your requirements, and the company will provide you the best quote that will fit in your budget. While delivering your dating app development project to Quytech, you can also be sure about its timely delivery and after deployment support and maintenance of the dating app.