Virtual reality technology is has already got fame in the gaming sector. VR is now extending this use cases in different industries. Businesses are utilizing this immersive technology to embark on virtual transformation. Likewise, these days’ product configurators are gaining striding in various segments.
The product configurator leverage visualization of a picture of a product to reduce the majority of complications. Where most of the brands are still using CPQ tools, the VR product configurator is offering ease of use and functionality.
A VR product configurator is used for visualization and configuration of any product. It is an application that allows the VR developers to design products using VR headset and controllers.
Many trendsetters have gone beyond imagination and human perception with VR configurator. This virtual reality is gaining market share in other industries which are no longer just about the entertainment industry.
Potential of VR configurator
Fields such as education, healthcare, fashion, construction, manufacture, military, and media are experiencing drastic changes. With a VR product configurator, the user can be engaged with realistic video and images.
For example, the automobile sector is using the VR configurator for the customization of the car according to customer choice. Using the VR headset users can see the car they want and assemble it according to their needs before placing an order.
VR headsets such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Go and controllers are utilized to give the imagination the power of reality. The trend of using VR configurator is various spheres is helping the users to experience the virtual world effectively. Mostly, the manufacturing industry is allowing users to interact with an object quite comprehensively.
The technology used for VR product configurator development
A virtual reality product configurator creates an immersive virtual environment for customers to explore new possibilities. It is mostly used to interact with products, and validate the design in-depth. This way businesses can share their configurable product(s) to prospective customers through virtual reality. The configuration process places virtual products in an actual and real-world environment place to arrange true-to-scale product models in the actual setting.
VR product configurator development is utilizing the two most popular engines for Unity and Unreal Engine. This empowers the developers to craft impeccable applications and environments amazed with amazing object visualization and customization.
Unity and unreal game engines are the most trending game development engines in the market. Unreal Engine and unity are gradually attaining the same level surpassing offering amazing visualization effect capabilities from a developer’s point of view. With Blueprints Visual Scripting system the Unreal Engine has become popular offering more versatile and limitless in their functionality and visualization opportunities.
Unity used for building VR configurator
- C# programing language is used in Unity which is easier for the beginner to learn and understand code.
- Unity has an Asset Store that offers a variety of plugins for enhancing engine customizability and performance.
- For mobile applications as well as for small and middle budget VR projects Unity is the best choice.
- The development cost is much cheaper on Unity and it has amazing cross-platform development abilities.
- Unity offer very flexible functionality for visual effects for achieving high-level visual effects.
- In Unity, the VR SDK integration is unified if sometimes VR integration issues occur, a strong community is there to help with these issues.
Unreal Engine used for building VR configurator
- Unreal Engine uses a C++ programming language which provides better optimization and graphics opportunities.
- Unreal Engine has built-in customized plugins. Unreal Engine does have all the necessary 3D visualization features integrated into the engine.
- Unreal Engine efficiently supports developers to create complicated or professional games and even expensive VR projects.
- Unreal Engine provides great rendering opportunities to developers for high quality and high-resolution images.
- Unreal Engine offers the developer a lot of control over performance which allows them to build customized VR environments in which you can even run on slower devices.
- Unreal Engine offers amazing visual effects, modeling, rendering, rigging, and animation opportunities to the developer.
- Sometimes to integrate the VR SDK it’s more complicated for the developers to find a solution.
VR configurator will give your customers the chance to explore your products with any required customizations. It will help your consumers understand the benefits of your product and offer a guided tour of the product. It is the best way to educate users playfully. Both Unity and Unreal Engine have their advantages and disadvantages to create VR product configurators. Each engine delivers amazing games and applications for your business prospects.