iPhone App Development Statistics 2020
- As per Statista’s report (published in June 2020), approx. 39.5 thousand iOS apps were published per month in the Apple App Store.
- Apple’s App Store is the second-largest app store with more than 1.85 million iOS apps.
- Gaming is the most popular app category with 22% of the total mobile apps available on the App Store.
- According to SensorTower, Apple’s App Store generated an estimated revenue of $32.8 billion from paid apps & mobile games, in-app purchases, and subscriptions.
These numbers clearly depicts that the iPhone application development is booming. Also, these figures are the answers to “why choose iPhone app development for your business”.
iOS app Development Trends
No matter if you are a developer who is developing an iOS application or someone who is looking out for an iOS development company, these trends will help you to know about the tools, technologies, and other trends about the iOS app development. Check out the trends below-
Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things has made it possible to control household and other devices remotely. This trend is expected to grow further in 2021 and beyond. The technology is expected to be used mainly in healthcare, safety, and other such applications developed using iOS.
It is not the latest trend; however, it is expected to boom at an unprecedented rate in the upcoming times. With more and more iOS users inclining towards smartwatches, fitness bands, fitness trackers, and other wearable devices, apps with wearable technology are expected to create buzz in the iOS app development field.
AI and machine learning
AI and machine learning rely on data to ensure that the application is robust and efficient enough to deliver personalized experience and engage more customers. In the future, more iOS apps will rely on these two technologies.
AR and VR
Augmented reality and virtual reality are getting popular at an unprecedented rate. The prime reason behind it is that both these technologies help in delivering a virtual immersive experience to users. Moreover, they also help to improve customer engagement and user experience.
Please note that the trends in iOS app development are not constant. What’s popular today may get obsolete tomorrow. Therefore, it is good to check for the latest trends whenever you want to build an iOS application or approach an iOS app development company for the same.
If you, too, want to build an iPhone mobile application and wondering how much would it cost you, then this article is exclusively for you. Here, we have provided the cost of iPhone app development along with the factors that impact the same. Check it out below:
What Factors Impact iPhone App Development Cost?
Both the iOS and Android app development requires a great deal of attention. Moreover, there are a several factors that need to be considered. These factors decide the total cost of an iPhone app development.
UX/UI Design of The App
If you want to deliver a delightful user experience to your customers, you would need to design it accordingly. It is one of the major factors that contribute to the cost of iPhone app development.
Type of The iOS App
Building a simple iOS app for your restaurant would cost way less than creating an iOS app for an eCommerce store. In other words, the cost of developing an iOS app for one particular business cannot be the same as that of the other business. Now, you must be having an idea of why the type of the application plays an important role in determining the total iphone app development cost.
Features of The App
The features you choose to integrate into your app contribute a lot to the complete iPhone app development cost. To build highly advanced features of the app, you would need to use top technologies like AR, VR, AI, ML, and more, which will ultimately increase the total ios app development cost.
Complexity of The App
An app is roughly divided into three categories- basic, mid-level complexity, and complex. Things that determine the complexity of the app include the number of platforms you are developing your app for, whether it is a full-fledged app or just an MVP, the technologies it includes, the level of the design, and more.
Cost Of iPhone App Development:
- Designing a simple or basic iOS app takes around 100 to 160 hours with a price starting from $5,000.
- Designing an all with medium complexity takes around 320 to 640 hours with a cost starting from $16,000.
- Designing a complex application may require more than 1000 hours with a cost beginning from $50,000.
Tools and Technologies to Be Used for the iOS App Development
Swift and Objective-C are the two most common technologies that are used for iOS app development. Apart from these two, there are various other tools and technologies that are used for developing an iOS app. Depending on what technologies you choose for the development, the cost can be estimated.
Devices for Which You Are Building the App
The cost of iOS app development for multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more) would cost a bit higher than creating the same for a single device. Moreover, making the app compatible with the older versions of the operating system also affects the total cost of ios app development.
Size and Location of the iOS App Development Company or iOS App Developers
The more the number of developers needed for building the app, the higher could be the cost of iOS app development. In addition to the size, the location of the development team also plays a major role in the same. According to Clutch’s August 2020 report:
- It is also one of the biggest factors that is considered while estimating how much an iPhone app development would cost.
- Around 42% of the US-based mobile app development agencies charge up to $200 per hour for a project.
- Around 1/3rd (31%) of the mobile app design studios in the United Kingdom charge up to $100 per hour for a project.
- Approximately 37% of the design agencies in Germany charge up to $100 per hour for a mobile app designing and development project.
- In Ukraine, 61% of the design studios charge up to $50 per hour for app development projects.
- Around 40% of the Indian design agencies charge up to $18 per hour for an app development project.
Read More: Trending Startup Mobile App Ideas 2020
Experience of the Mobile App Development Company
It is also one of the biggest factors that is considered while estimating how much an iPhone app development would cost.
How to Choose a Custom iPhone App Development Company?
Below-mentioned are some tips that will help you to find the right iOS app development company for your project:
- Make sure the company has experience in iOS mobile app development.
- Look into the previous projects of the company.
- Check the feedback and reviews submitted by their clients.
- Ask the company about the security measures they opt for the security of the app.
- Make sure the company delivers its projects within the given deadline.
- Ensure that the company follows app designing and development standards.
- Check if the company offers post-launch support and maintenance services or not.
- Prepare a list of your specific app requirements.
Besides this, ask as many questions as you want before handing over your project to the hands of a mobile app development company. A little research, in the beginning, would help you to control your project development cost and minimize the development time. Furthermore, it would also help the company to deliver an app that fulfills all your expectations. Hope the information was useful!
Want to build an iOS application and wondering about its cost of development? You are in the right place. The article highlights the factors that decide the cost of iPhone application development India. Besides this, we have also mentioned how much does it cost to create an iOS application. To know the same, give this article a read.
On the other hand, if you already have a startup mobile app idea and want to turn it into reality, then reach out to a reliable iPhone app development company or hire iPhone app developer. Before finalizing the one, make sure you research thoroughly and check the portfolio of the company to understand their experience and expertise in the domain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Selecting iPhone app development technologies depends on particular project requirements. However, two most common programming languages for developing an iOS app are Objective-C and Swift.
Time duration required to build an iOS varies from project to project. A basic app with limited feature can be developed in two to three months, depending on the expertise and experience of the development team.
Most of the custom iPhone app development companies follow the following development process:
1. Collecting requirements
7. Support and Maintenance
Enquire Now: Info@quytech.com