Social media has become an inseparable part of our lives now. The popularity of social media can be estimated with this fact that it is the first thing we check right after waking up. With rapidly growing social media users, it is not just a place of entertainment; rather, businesses are using it as a platform to reach their targeted audience.
So, if you too have such plans and want to build a Social Media App, then give this article a read to know the Social Media Development Cost. Apart from that, we have also covered up the latest trends, features, and types of social media applications.
Social Media Statistics
- According to Statista, there are approx. 3.81 billion active social media users worldwide and 3.76 billion among them are mobile social media users.
- Approximately 81% of the small and mid-sized businesses use a social platform.
- A mobile user spends approximately 2 hours on social media.
Social Media Trends 2021
Here is the list of social media trends that are expected to rise in this and the upcoming year:
- Use of augmented reality and virtual reality for a personalized socializing experience
- Stories to become popular
- Focus on social shopping
- Instagram might say bye to likes
- Video content will dominate
- Social media communities will expand
Types of Social Media App Development
In general, there are four types of social media apps. Check them out here along with their examples:
- Social Networking- Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, etc.
- Photo sharing- Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
- Video sharing- Facebook Live, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Microblogging– Tumblr and Twitter
Common Features Of Social Media App development
Since there are different types of social media apps, their features may also vary depending on their niche, content, or targeted audience. Therefore, we are here mentioning all the common features of various social media apps:
- Sign up and Sign in- To allow users to create and set up their profile, and access it at any time.
- Edit profile- To make desired changes to the information submitted in the profile.
- Account authorization- To enhance the security of the app and your social media account.
- In-app messenger- To connect and communicate with your social media friends.
- Photos, Videos, and Posts- To share your photos, videos, or what’s on your mind with your social media friends.
- Search- To search for other social media users, pages, tags, and more.
- Push Notification- To receive updates on new friend requests, comments on your posts, and other ongoing activities on your social media profile.
- Location- To fetch your location and display your nearby friends or events.
Advanced Features of Social Media App development
Currently, there are a number of social media apps available in the market. This includes WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and more. Each is known for some of its unique features and functionalities. So, if you are looking to develop a social media app, ensure that it stands out from the existing apps in some way or the other. To help you determine what these features can be, here is a list of some advanced features that you can include in your social media app.
Users are always eager to make a unique impression on social media platforms. They desire to show the world how creative they can be. So, providing a user profile customization option is a great way to entice users to your app. Be it personalizing the display picture, bio, username, or anything else, give your users complete control of their profile.
This is one of the advanced features gaining huge popularity in the social media market. Enabling users to call their connections through the app adds to their happiness and helps strengthen the bond they share.
The voice-enabled chat is a great alternative to text-based messaging. It is more fun and exciting than the traditional form of chatting. All that the users have to do is speak and the message will be recorded. Moreover, audio-based social media apps are just in the market and attracting immense popularity. Clubhouse is one such voice-only social media app.
People use social media to expand their network and connect with more and more people across the globe. So, it is crucial to add some elements that help them build their network. For example, you can enable them to follow people, increase their followers, and more.
A text editor helps users enrich their message, i.e., they can make their content more creative, engaging, and interesting. You can provide them access to various fonts, text colors, emoticons, and more to create appealing things.
Social media platforms are often linked to one another. For instance, you can share your WhatsApp stories on Facebook at the same time. Such integrations offer flexibility and ease of posting to users. Moreover, it helps them increase their reach.
How to Create a Social Media App: Team and Technologies
Building a social media application is not an overnight task; it requires a full-fledged team comprising of:
- UX/UI designers
- QA analysts
- Project managers
- Support providers
Tech stack needed to build a Social Media App
Tools, technologies, and the other resources required to build a social media application depends mainly on the platform you want to build your app for and the type of the social media app. But, generally, you have to decide on the following:
- Operating system
- Framework and libraries
Why choose Quytech for Social Media App Development?
Quytech is a well-recognized Custom mobile app development company known for developing highly robust and scalable applications for startups and enterprises. Apart from this, there are many other reasons why you should choose it for your social media app development project:
Experienced and qualified developers
The team of social media app developers working at the company has years of experience in developing mobile and web applications leveraging the latest technology, tools, and expertise. Every application is developed to serve its desired purpose, meet your expectations, and maximize your business growth and success.
Quytech has a proven record of delivering every project at the said time. To ensure this, the developers follow an agile and systematic approach during the development. Moreover, they also send regular reports to update the client with the ongoing success of the project.
The company provides round the clock support services to answer the queries of its clients and offer them immediate support, when required.
Efficient project management
The team of developers, designers, QA analysts, and others involved in a project follow stepwise procedures for flawlessly accomplishing different phases during the app development.
Quytech also offers app maintenance services (after deployment) to keep the app up-to-date with the latest technological changes.
Cost of Developing a Social Media App
If you want to know the social media app development cost with your specific requirements, here are the rough estimate.
- Cost of developing a social media app like WhatsApp- USD 40,000 to $50,000
- Cost of developing a social media app like Instagram- USD 36,000 to $40,000
- Cost of developing a social media app like Snapchat- USD 45,000 to $60,000
- Cost of developing a social media app like Facebook- $50,000 to $90,000.
What may change the aforementioned cost of a social media app development are the following factors:
- Features of your app
- Platform (Android or iOS)
- Location of the development company or dedicated developers
- Size of the development team
- Tools and technologies to be used for the development
- Experience of the developers
- Duration of the project
Our Work for Social App
Onegai is a social app to create and share videos. Users can be Requester or Recorder or Receiver. User can create and request other users (Recorder) to create a video for sharing. User (Requester) will pay to Recorder if the recorder is a celebrity (marked by admin) for videos, as only celebrity users can set video creation and video submission fee. The app also has features where users can like, Share videos moreover can follow/ block and report against other users.
With people going crazy for social media platforms, it is definitely a good idea to build a social media app. But, as the web is already flooded with so many social media apps, it should be your prime concern to add such features or use such technology in the app development that can help your app to stand out in the crowd. Therefore, check out the trends, stats, features, types, and cost of social media development in this article to have an idea of this field. And, if you are ready with your particular social media app requirements, then reach out to a reliable mobile app development company to begin the development.