The disease outbreak changed how we think about health in terms of social isolation and lockdowns and forced healthcare centers to rearrange their operations to build virtual consideration solutions. Telemedicine apps are unquestionably beneficial to the digital healthcare sector. It not only permits convenient and capable healthcare services for hospital employees and patients unable to make regular physical visits to institutions, but it also streamlines the consultations for both doctors and patients. Telemedicine Apps provide remote care to the elderly and physically impaired who are unable to wait in long lines at medical centers. Today, a growing number of healthcare institutions are partnering with healthcare app development company to enhance diagnosis and treatment, improve care quality, and prevent the transmission of infectious diseases. The telemedicine market is estimated to cross USD 100+ billion by 2023, as per Global Market Insights.
Many hospitals, pharmacies, and laboratories have already benefited from Quytech’s healthcare digitization services. We’ve also worked on a number of HIPAA & FHIR-compliant projects. Being a top healthcare app development company, we’ve decided to curate this blog on the key aspects and features that should be included in every telemedicine app. So, let’s go!
Why Invest in Telemedicine App Development? Top Benefits!
According to the analysis, the worldwide telemedicine market would grow from $38.3 billion in 2015 to $130.5 billion in 2025.
Many individuals were polled to determine the acceptance rate of such technologies, and 70.5 percent claimed they are investing in the development of telemedicine apps. In 2014, this percentage was only 54%. The rate at which telemedicine apps are being used in the industry is a great predictor that it will be the next pioneer in healthcare.
In a digital environment, a telehealth system offers healthcare practitioners and patients closer together and improves access to care. It allows patients to communicate with doctors from anywhere and at any time. Not only may the telemedicine app assist in connecting people in rural areas, but it could also provide access to doctors, clinics, laboratories, and pharmacies that were previously unavailable. It will be a godsend to rural sections of the country where visiting a medical professional is a challenge when more individuals have access to facilities like these. Telemedicine could be extremely beneficial in countries with tiny rural villages where doctors are already in short supply.
- Integration of data with the electronic health record (EHR).
- Accessibility from a variety of devices
- Possibility of treating more patients.
- Physicians can readily communicate with a wide range of healthcare providers.
- Lower Appointments that are not fulfilled.
- For healthcare systems, data analysis is necessary.
- Ensures higher work efficiency
- Boosts patient’s satisfaction
Moving on, now let’s discuss,
Top Must-have Features of Telemedicine App Development!
Telemedicine, just like any other healthcare app, seems to have some distinctive functionalities that set it apart in the healthcare industry. Below are a few of the most notable features of telemedicine app:
- Push notifications – Patients must be informed of their upcoming appointment in advance. That is essential. What percentage of applications, on the other hand, get it properly, guaranteeing that the patient does not miss their consultation? The alerts should be handed out in stages, encouraging both the doctor and the patient to reduce the time difference between regions.
- Calendar – Calendar is a key element that you should include in your telemedicine app. Patients don’t even have to recall when their next appointment with their doctor is, and they want all of their data on the telemedicine app at their disposal.
- Ask Questions – A telemedicine software allows patients to ask the medical staff nurses and doctors—any questions they have about their health. Patients can receive remote guidance about drug schedules, emergency assistance, and other topics by sending a text message from the app or sending a voice message.
- Patient’s profile – This application component will allow patients to provide as much information as they like, allowing doctors to diagnose patients more quickly. Basic characteristics such as name, age, gender, problems, and insurance information, among other things, are necessary in the patient profile.
- Make payments – Payment can be made for telemedicine sessions in the same application they used to speak with a doctor using a payment gateway. Patients have a better experience working with a medical organization because all bills are computerized, and payments can be implemented immediately. You can even use blockchain technology to streamline this functionality. Hire blockchain development company to get efficient development services.
- Appointment management – After locating the appropriate medical expert, the patient must schedule an appointment using the app and provide information about health issues and medical records, if applicable. The software should handle multiple time slots and display if one expert or another is accessible.
- Geolocation – According to current US medical rules, a telemedicine app should connect patients with doctors who are physically based in the very same state. While developing the app, Google Maps can be utilized to accurately detect where the patients are situated. Obtaining a patient’s location allows the app to locate nearby pharmacies, provide directions, and calculate the patient’s expected arrival time at the hospital. As with calendar integration, geolocation is an important feature to be in your telemedicine app. Hire a top machine learning development company to incorporate this feature in your app.
- Track medication – The ability to track medication intake improves the efficacy of therapy. Doctors should be able to monitor how their patients follow their treatment plan and receive notifications when it is finished or when fresh prescriptions are needed.
- Wearable Device Integration – Telehealth apps are being utilized to manage high-risk patients. The software allows healthcare practitioners to remotely monitor the person’s health, indicators, and symptoms using wearable technology and IoT-enabled health sensors in this situation.
- Search – A search option considerably reduces the amount of time it takes for a patient to gather the info they need, such as the nearest eye expert to their location. Filters also aid in the organization of the app’s huge amount of data and allow the user to traverse the app more quickly. Patients should be able to find a doctor using one or more criteria, such as specialty, ratings, proximity, and so on.
- Emergency Call – In contrast to video and text chats, you may make regular phone calls from your smartphone. For those who do not have a good internet connection, this may be more convenient. Calls can also be utilised in an emergency.
- Ratings and Reviews – The option for patients to rank and review their providers is a must-have feature for any telemedicine app. It will be simpler for a new user to identify a doctor who is better suited for their requirements if the app uses an aggregator rating system. To eliminate friction, telemedicine apps could participate in the international coronavirus pandemic to simplify their scheduling functions, make their apps more user-friendly, and extend self-service.
- Chatbot – Chatbots and artificial intelligence (AI) are critical components in developing telemedicine software that allows patients and doctors to connect effectively. While a straightforward FAQ chatbot can address patients’ queries about the doctor’s schedule, fees, and other pertinent information, AI also supports voice recognition and other critical patient features. Hire a top AI development company to include this feature in your healthcare app.
- EMR Integration – To ensure that process is adaptable and that patients can quickly access all of the services offered, the telemedicine app facilitates the combination of an EMR. A patient’s information should be refreshed every time he sees the clinic. This simplifies the patient’s further diagnosis. EMR also aids in the organization of all of a patient’s data in one location, decreasing paperwork for the doctor, and avoiding records duplication.
- Schedule An Appointment – One of the most useful features of a telemedicine app for patients is that it allows them to view a team of doctors, review their profiles, and schedule an appointment with the professionals of their choice. This is among the most significant functions because it informs patients about a doctor’s availability and allows them to schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for them.
- Call Recording – It’s usually a good idea to keep track of any video calls you have with customers, clients, or agents. Activating this function also allows you to record video calls to modify them, which may then be saved and retrieved from the cloud at any point of time.
Apart from the above features of telemedicine app, here are some of the best technologies and trends you can consider in your custom telemedicine app!
#1. IoT in telemedicine app
Telemedicine and the Internet of Things are coming together in a big effort to assist provide elevated healthcare to the aged. Smarter devices are being introduced to the market at an ever-increasing rate by IoT researchers. The combination of telemedicine software with intelligent IoT software capabilities such as vitals monitoring, prediction suggestions, and treatment outcomes can only help to improve the overall health care ecosystem. It collects data on a patient’s health in order for doctors to alter treatment based on the information.
#2. AI/ML-driven telemedicine app
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is expanding the world of work, and for a good reason. AI isn’t unfamiliar with telemedicine. Many telemedicine apps on the market use AI capabilities like speech recognition, natural language processing, and machine learning to improve the user experience. AI-based chatbots can reduce patient wait times while also resolving basic issues for a bigger group of individuals. Medical experts can influence the productivity of disease treatments by using AI/ML tools to collect and process anonymized data from millions of patients. AI/ML products can provide methods for determining more rapidly and correctly based on the obtained data. Hire top AI development company to leverage the benefits of AI-based telemedicine apps.
#3. Blockchain-enabled telemedicine app
Blockchain is a peer-to-peer network that holds a read-only, decentralized archive of digital events. Devolution, encryption, and immutability are three important advantages of blockchain technology applied to telemedicine. Blockchain requires the storage of enormous volumes of data on stable, scattered networks. The Blockchain would be accessible only to a trustworthy patient and an agreed-upon third party.
Why Choose Quytech for Telemedicine App Development Services?
Healthcare is a huge industry with many sub-niches. Quytech creates personalized healthcare apps that are tailored to the demands of our customers. As hyper-connectivity, extreme personalization, and real-time data exchange become more prevalent in medicine, fitness, and healthcare, the demand for telemedicine app development is growing. As a result, telemedicine app development companies are assisting startups and organizations in developing best-in-class healthcare software platforms and mobile apps in order to stay ahead of the competition. Please contact us if you require a custom mobile healthcare app for the healthcare industry.
Quytech is a prominent Healthcare App Developers that provides healthcare organizations, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies with best-in-class mHealth solutions and mobile applications. The features and traits that assist patients in regulating and tracking their health records and other critical parameters may be included in custom app creation in the healthcare domain. Quytech’s telemedicine app developers have vast experience with patient apps, doctor apps, and healthcare systems engineering.
Telemedicine is gaining traction as a viable alternative to face-to-face medical consultations. Technology makes healthcare delivery easier and more accessible in non-emergency scenarios. Patients could save time & expense by using video and conversation for online consultations, while doctors can enhance their effectiveness and productivity. Both can use a telehealth solution to deliver consistent service and appeal to patients from a distance. It is also feasible to save money and cut the cost of running a facility.
Telehealth apps are ideal for filling up the gaps in healthcare around the globe. You may reach out to a larger audience through telemedicine app development. It’s time to bring patients and providers together. Dig into the market need and hire skilled telemedicine app developers from us to obtain a better grasp of how innovation can substantially enhance the ROI of your company and how a very crucial product like a telemedicine app should be incorporated. We can assist you in anticipating market demands and shaping the future of your product.